07 Jan Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Red Apple (diced, unpeeled)
- 1 Cup Old White Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Spiced Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Horseradish
- 5-6 Grinds of Fresh Pepper
- 3-4 Grinds of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Wash and cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. The slice the halves into a coarse shred OR put the Brussel Sprouts through a food processor to get a coarse shred.
- Place the Brussel Sprouts into a large bowl and add the apple, cheese, cranberries and pecans.
- Combine with Dressing and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine the vinegar, shallots, mustard, maple syrup, horseradish and salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the vegetable oil slowing until all combined.