10 Oct Pumpkin Loaf with Glaze
Posted at 17:06h in All Recipes, Desserts, Gluten Free 0 Comments
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (I like to use Bob’s All Purpose)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Allspice
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (about 1/3 of a large can)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tsp Molasses
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar (Icing Sugar)
- 1 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 Tsp Orange Zest
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 350°. Grease the bottom and sides of a 4 X 8 Loaf Pan.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl – flour, salt, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl – pumpkin purée, sugar, melted butter, beaten eggs, water, molasses and orange zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, don’t over mix. Once mixed add the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the loaf plan and level it out.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes test its doneness with a tooth pick.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a cake rake until cool enough to glaze.
- For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla in a small bowl. When the loaf is cooled completely add the glaze to the top, depending on the consistency, some may run down the edges.