07 Sep Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Peaches on Boston Lettuce
- 1 Pork Tenderloin (about 1 lb – allowing 1/2 lb per person)
- 4-5 Grinds of Salt
- 4-5 Grinds of Pepper
- 1 Peach
- 1 tsp canola oil (for brushing on the peaches)
- 2 Small heads of Butter Lettuce (washed and dried)
- 1/4 Cup Spiced Pecans
- 2 oz crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Grinds Salt
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tsp fresh Thyme Leaves
- Preheat the BBQ to Medium High (about 500°F)
- Cut the Pork Tenderloin in half (widthwise not lengthwise)
- Cut the Peaches in half and remove the stone
- Place the Tenderloin pieces on the BBQ and turn after 10 minutes to brown both sides, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until the inside temperature reads 145°F. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Brush the peaches with the canola oil and grill cut side down for 3 minutes and then turn over for another 2 minutes (looking for brown marks on the peaches.
- While the pork is cooking mix the Oil, Vinegar, Honey and salt in a salad dressing shaker.
- Melt the Butter in a small skillet an add the Thyme Leaves – let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Butter and Thyme to the dressing and shake to blend.
- Wash and dry the Lettuce and spread out on a serving platter.
- Add the Spiced Pecans, and crumbled Goat Cheese on top.
- Slice the cooked / tented Tenderloin into slices and place on plater with the lettuce.
- Slice the Peaches (thin) and place on platter with Lettuce and Pork
- You have artistic license to display to please the eye and palate
- Drizzle with 2/3 of the dressing and serve with remaining dressing to be added as needed.