06 Dec Parsnip and Pear Soup
Posted at 20:00h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Soups and Gazpacho 0 Comments
- 3 Cups Parsnips (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Medium Onion (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock (low sodium)
- 1 Pear (I prefer Bosc)
- In a large pot melt the butter.
- Add the Onions and sauté until softened (about 10 minutes)
- Mix in the cumin.
- Add the parsnip pieces.
- Add the Chicken Stock, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes (parsnips should be soft)
- Using a immersion blender, purée the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust thickness to your liking by adding up to 1 cup of water (or chicken stock).
- Serve with Parsnip Chips on top.