07 Mar Shrimp Risotto with Prosecco
- 1 lb Uncooked Shrimp (medium) about 1/2 lb person
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Prosecco
- 1 1/2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth (keep warm while using)
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 5 – 6 Grinds Black Pepper
- Peel, wash and devein the shrimp.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add the shrimp. Cook for about 8 minutes turning the shrimp once. Remove when they are pink (keep warm).
- Add the Prosecco to the onion and sauté until the liquid is evaporated.
- Add the Arborio rice and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes (Arborio will become somewhat translucent).
- Add 1/2 Cup of the Chicken Stock to the Arborio mix, stir until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat with 1/2 cup of Chicken Stock at a time until the Arborio is tender and creamy and all the stock is gone.
- Return the shrimp to the pan along with the Spinach, Parmesan and Pepper. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.