01 Mar Loaded Baked Potatoes
- 3 Baking Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Bacon Bits
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Milk (more or less to get the right consistency for potatoes)
- 2 Green Onions (sliced – saving the dark green parts for garnishing)
- 3-4 grinds of Salt
- 5-6 grinds of Pepper
I prefer to use Russet Potatoes. 1 Potato swill serve 2 people (halved and heaped). I therefore bake one extra potato for every 2 potatoes that I’m using.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Rub Potatoes with Vegetable Oil to coat and place directly on middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Add the Butter, Sour Cream to a medium bowl
- Remove the potatoes, let cool for 10 minutes, then cut in half. Scoop out most of the potatoes into the bowl with Butter/Sour Cream leaving a little bit of potato lining the jacket.
- Brush the inside of the potato skin with oil and place skins back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Smash the potatoes into the Butter / Sour Cream mixture (beat if you prefer) until you get the desired consistency.
- Stir in the Cheese, Bacon Bits, Green Onion and Salt and Pepper. Adjust consistency with milk.
- Fill the potatoes skins abundantly with the the potato mixture. They should be heaping.
- Place them back in the oven and bake for an additional 15 – 20 minutes @ 350°