31 Jan Chili Con Carne
- 1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Red and 1 Orange 1 Jalapeño Pepper (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (796 ml)
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Red Kidney Beans
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Green Onions ( white and green parts – chopped)
- Sauté the ground beef in a large pot until browned. Drain any grease that is rendered.
- In a separate skillet, sauté the onion, peppers and garlic until cooked – about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauté to the browned meat, along with the tomatoes, corn, beans and spices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking on low for 30 minutes with the lid cracked slightly.
- Serve with crusty bread or nachos.