07 May Spicy Pan-Roasted Green Beans & Carrots
Posted at 19:47h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Indian Inspired, Vegetables, Vegetables 0 Comments
- 1/2 lb green beans (trimmed and cut in half)
- 1 Carrot (peeled, cut to match length of beans, match stick size)
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 3-4 grinds salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp lime juice (about 1/2 a lime)
- 1/4 cup Peanuts or Cashews
- fresh Cilantro (for serving)
- Peel the carrot and cut into 3 inch pieces, then into 1/4 inch thick matchsticks.
- Trim the green beans and half them to be about the same size as the matchsticks.
- In a small bowl mix the Ground Coriander, Cumin, Red Pepper flakes, and Turmeric. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the oil and the Cumin Seeds let sizzle for about 1/2 minute, cumin will turn darker and aromatic.
- Add the Garlic and Green Beans, Carrots and spice mixture and salt. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the water over the vegetables and cover with a lid, reducing the heat to medium-low. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook until the water evaporates and the vegetables begin to carmalize. About 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat add the peanuts (or cashews), lime juice and cilantro, stir to combine and serve.