16 Apr Coconut Curry White Fish (Cod)
Posted at 12:39h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Thaï Inspired 1 Comment
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Oil
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Chilli Flakes
- 4-5 grinds of salt
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (cut into match stick size pieces) (about 1 cup)
- 1 Carrot (cut into match stick size pieces) (about 1 cup)
- 1 Cup Cremini Mushrooms (halved)
- 1/2 cup Green Beans (halved to be the same size as the peppers and carrot sticks)
- 4 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 lb White Fish (I prefer Cod, but Haddock or Halibut is good too)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Using a Tagine (or covered baking dish) add 1st 7 ingredients (garlic, coconut milk, peanut oil, lime juice, curry powder, pepper flakes and salt). Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the cut vegetables (peppers, carrots, mushrooms, green beans, green onions) to the sauce mixture and mix to cover well.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and push the vegetable to the side. Add the fish to the pan then cover with vegetables and sauce.
- Cover and return tagine to oven. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes.
- Serve of rice with fish on top of rice and lots of vegetables and sauce.
Ken AlgerPosted at 12:47h, 16 April
Next time I might use Thai Basil (stirred into the sauce after it is finished cooking.