08 Mar Butternut Squash Risotto (with seared Scallops)
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash (diced)
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Butter (divided)
- 1 Shallot (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Cup Arborio Rice
- 6 Large Scallops (I use 3 per person)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup frozen Peas
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375°.
- Combine the diced Butternut Squash (small dice) with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the squash to a blender with 1/2 cup of the Chicken Broth. Purée to a smooth texture.
- Heat the Chicken Broth in a sauce pan – keep hot while making the Risotto.
- In a large non stick skillet sauté the Shallot and Garlic in 1 Tbsp butter for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Arborio and the white wine to the pan and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes; wine should be almost evapourated.
- Add the Butternut Squash purée and combine.
- Add 1 cup of the Chicken Broth. Stir constantly until the broth is almost consumed by the rice, but not dry.
- Repeat this step until all the broth is gone – it will take about 20-25 minutes.
- While this is finishing sear the Scallops in 1 Tbsp of butter add Pepper to taste.
- Serve the Risotto in a Bistro Bowl with the Scallops on top.
- If using Peas add them into to recipe when 1/2 the broth has been added to the Risotto.
- If using grated Parmesan stir this into the Risotto after it is finished cooking.