20 Dec Cod (White Fish) Florentine
- 2 Filets of a thick White Fish (Cod, Halibut, Bass) – about 1/2 lb per person
- 2 Tbsp Butter (divided)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Cup Red Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 1 Cup Yellow or Orange Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 1 Cup Fennel (chopped)
- 1 Cup Button Mushrooms (halved)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 6 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Cup 35% Cream
- 1/8 Cup Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 4-5 Grinds Pink Salt
- 6-8 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Pinenuts (toasted)
- Using a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp Butter and 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil.
- Add Peppers, Fennel, Mushrooms & Garlic, sauté until slightly softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the Spinach and mix until the spinach is wilted slightly.
- Add the cream cheese, and 35% cream and Parmesan and mix until melted.
- While you are doing this part, heat another skillet (I prefer cast iron) with 1 Tbsp Butter & 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil.
- Salt and Pepper the Fish on both sides and add to the hot pan.
- Cook about 5-6 minutes per side (fish should be cooked through and browned)
- Divide the spinach mixture between the plates and place the seared fish fillets on top.
- Add toasted Pine Nuts.