19 Nov Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 3 large Red Peppers (halved and deseeded)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow Onions (medium) (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth (or Chicken Broth)
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° – I use the Roast option on my oven.
- Cut the Red Peppers in half removing the seeds and pithy parts
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with Olive Oil rub the oil over them with your hands or a brush.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the peppers in a paper bag, roll down the bag to seal and let them cool in the bag for 15 minutes. (this makes removing the skin easier).
- While the peppers are cooling, sauté the onions and garlic in Olive Oil for 10 -15 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and cayenne pepper and mix
- Remove the peppers from bag and peel off as much of the skin as you can get off easily; cut into smaller pieces and add to the broth.
- Cook on medium high for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée until smooth.