21 Oct Vietnamese Coconut Lemongrass Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (halved, with 1/2 half sliced 1/2 diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3-4 grinds of salt
- 5-6 grinds of pepper
- 1 Tbsp White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Ginger
- 2-3 Boneless Chicken Breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 Red Chilli Peppers (seeds removed and small dice)
- 2 Tbsp Lemongrass Paste
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 4 oz. Coconut Milk (use the cream from the top)
- 1/2 Cup Cashews (or peanuts)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro for garnish and serving
- Melt the Butter and Oil in a skillet over medium/low heat.
- Add the diced Onion and Garlic to the melted butter/oil.
- Sauté for about 5-7 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add the salt, pepper, sugar chopped ginger and chicken and continue sautéing for another 10-12 minutes. Sugar should be melted and chicken browned.
- Add the remaining sliced onions, chilli peppers, lemongrass paste, curry powder, soy sauce, fish sauce and coconut milk. Continue sautéing for another 8-10 minutes. Chicken should be tender and the sauce should be thickened – adjust heat up to thicken the sauce. (if the sauce is too thick, add some of the coconut water (left over from the cream taken from the top of the can)).
- Add the cashews to the mixture for the last minute.
- Garnish with Coconut Flakes, Cilantro
- Serve over rice with sides of tomatoes and cucumber ringed around the plate.