20 Sep Potato Leek Soup
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Leek sliced (white and light green parts)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 3-4 Grinds of Salt
- 5-6 Grinds of Pepper
- In a large pot melt the butter.
- Add the Leeks and Garlic and sauté until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Add the Vegetable Stock, Potatoes, Thyme, Bay Leaves, Salt and Pepper.
- Cover the pot, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes (potatoes should be soft).
- Using a immersion blender, purée the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust thickness to your liking by adding up to 1 cup of water (or more vegetable stock or for a creamery soup add some 35% cream).