01 Jun Baked Beans
- 2 Cups dried Navy Beans (see note below)
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock (low sodium)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 2 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 3 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 1/4 Cup Bacon Bits
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 5-6 Grinds of fresh Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp salt
Thickening for Sauce
- 2 TBSP Corn Starch (for thickening)
- 1/4 Cup Water (for thickening)
- Soaked dried beans in a large pot for at least 8 hours (overnight ideally 24 hours)
- Bring the pot of soaked beans to a slow simmer. Skim the foam off the beans as they simmer. Simmer on medium / low for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Then drain.
- In a baking dish combine all the ingredients except (beans and sauce thickening) and mix well.
- Add the beans and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Mix the Cornstarch and Water together and add to the beans in sauce.
- Bake @ 350° for 30 minutes stirring 1/2 way through. Check for thickness and add more water if necessary.