05 May Sausage and Mushroom Risotto
- 3/4 Cups Arborio Rice
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb Portobello Mushrooms (sliced into 1/4 inch strips and then diced). About 2 medium Portobellos
- 1/2 lb White Button Mushrooms (halved). About 1 package.
- 1 Shallot (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 TBSP Chives (chopped)
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 Sausage (BBQ’d, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces and then halved)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Warm the broth in a sauce pan (keep warm)
- Add 1 TSP of Olive Oil to a skillet and heat
- Add the Mushrooms and Sausage and sauté until mushrooms are done.
- In another skillet add 1 TBSP of Olive Oil and sauté the shallots and garlic until fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- Add the rice, and stir to coat the rice well with the oil (about 2 minutes). Rice will take on a pale golden colour.
- Add the wine and stir until the wine is absorbed.
- Then beginning adding the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until that 1/2 cup is absorbed. Keep add the broth 1/2 cup at a time until and repeat until all is gone and the Arborio is done (slightly al dente). This takes about 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the butter, chives and parmesan until all is melted.
- Add the Mushrooms / Sausage.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste).