15 Dec Smashed Brussel Sprouts
- 2 lbs Brussel Sprouts (use 1/4 pound per person); trimmed and loose out leaves removed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 6 Grinds Pepper
- 3 Grinds Salt (or to taste)
- Preheat Oven to 425° F (on Roast if that option is available)
- Add the trimmed Brussel Spouts to a medium pan add water to cover and boil for 10 minutes.
- Mix the Olive Oil and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Remove the Brussel Sprouts from the water and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a jar or glass, lightly smash the Brussel Sprouts individually – they should be slightly flattened.
- Drizzle the Olive Oil over the Brussel Sprouts, grind the Pepper and Salt on top of the Brussel Sprouts, top with grated Parmesan.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes.