06 Dec Fennel & Carrot Soup
Posted at 13:02h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Soups and Gazpacho 0 Comments
- 1 Fennel Bulb (fronds removed and saved for garnish) (halved and sliced)
- 4 Medium Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 Medium Onion (quartered)
- 1 Clove Garlic (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 3 Grinds Coarse Salt
- 5 Grinds Fresh Pepper
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- Preheat Oven to 400°F (on Roast if available)
- Place the Fennel, Carrots, Onion, Garlic on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the Olive Oil and sugar and mix to coat all pieces, add the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring once (vegetables will begin to brown).
- While roasting, add the stock and water to a stock pot and heat on medium.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the stock and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup until creamy and no vegetable pieces remain.
- Serve with ‘clippings’ of fronds!