27 Nov Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 Small Onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 5 Grinds Black Pepper
- 3 Grinds Salt
- 2 Cups Broccoli Flowerettes
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- 1 Celery Stalk (diced)
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft (4-5 minutes).
- Add the flour and using a whisk, blend in the flour until the mixture turns a golden brown colour (5 minutes).
- Add the Half & Half slowly stirring constantly to ensure mixture is smooth.
- Add the Chicken Stock, Pepper and Salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Mixture will begin to thicken (10 minutes).
- Add the Broccoli, Carrots, Celery and simmer more (20 mintues). Vegetables will be tender but still crisp.
- Remove from heat and add the Cheddar stirring to ensure the cheese melts and is well blended.
- Serve with gratings of Cheddar on top.