17 Jul Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Posted at 02:08h in All Recipes, Appetizers, Gluten Free 0 Comments
- 1 Can Whole Water Chestnuts (drained & rinsed)
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce (I prefer the Low Sodium)
- 6 Slices Bacon (cut into 3, then cut in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1 1/2TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- Combine the Water Chestnuts and Soy Sauce in a Zip Loc Bag, mix to coat, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pre heat oven to 400°
- Wrap each Chestnut with the cut pieces of bacon, securing them with a toothpick.
- Place them on a cooling rack (sprayed with cooking spray) on top of a rimmed cooking sheet (I line the cooking sheet with parchment paper). Keep the spaced (not touching).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the Brown Sugar, Ketchup and Worcestershire Sauce until well blended.
- Dip each Chestnut in the Sauce mixture and place on a new parchment sheet to cool.
- Let sit at least 15 minutes.
- Serve on a plater with any remaining sauce in a small bowl on the side.