06 Jul Honey Garlic Salmon
- 4 Salmon Fillets (recommend 1/2 pound per person)
- 3 Grinds Pepper per serving
- 2 Grinds Rock salt per serving
- 1/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon (cut into wedges for cooking and serving)
- Pre heat oven to 375°
- Melt Butter in a skillet (preferably cast iron)
- Season Salmon fillets with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Add the garlic to the melted butter and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the honey, water and soya sauce to the skillet and continue to sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and combine ensure all are well mixed.
- Add the salmon fillets to the skillet (skin side down if skin is still on). Cook for about 3-4 minutes basting frequently with the pan juices.
- Add the lemon wedges to the pan (the lemon peel will intensify the lemony flavour to the sauce).
- Transfer the salmon in the cast iron skillet to the oven and bake for 4 minutes.
- Then put oven on Broil and broil for 3 minutes @ 500°.
- Serve with white rice or fried rice and spicy beans.