17 Mar Blistered Tomato Soup
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 10-12 Tomatoes (best option – Campari)
- 1 Tsp Thyme (dried)
- 1 Tsp Roseary (dried)
- 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (diced) – about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Stock (or Chicken Stock)
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 TBSP Plain Greek Yogurt (for serving)
- Fresh Basil Leaves (for garnish)
- Dice the Onions & Garlic. (set aside)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Cut an X into the bottom of the tomatoes, remove the stem mark from the top.
- Place into a large bowl with Olive Oil, Thyme and Rosemary and mix to coat well.
- Place X cut up on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Then Broil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove skin of tomatoes (optional – I prefer not to as I like the texture of the tomato skin in the soup.).
- While the tomatoes are roasting, sauté the onions and garlic until translucent (about 5 minutes) in vegetable oil.
- Transfer the roasted tomatoes into the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer, let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- While simmering, add the grated parmesan, and mix in to ensure it is melted.
- Using a stick or a blender, blend until the soup is a smooth / creamy texture. May take a bit of extra blending if you’ve left the skins on the tomatoes