07 Sep BBQ Ribs
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
A Word From The Cook
“A sticky, messy delight.“
There is a difference between Ribs. I prefer the back ribs vs. the ‘spare’ / side ribs. Here is the difference.
2 Racks Back Ribs
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 tsp Chilli Powder
3-4 Grinds Salt
1/2 TBSP Cumin
6-8 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tbsp Paprika (I like the smoked paprika)
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
2 TBSP Butter
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/2 Cup Apple Jelly (or Grape Jelly / or Marmalade)
1/8 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TBSP Molasses
1/2 TBSP Grainy Mustard (Dijon)
1/2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
3-4 Dashes Hot Sauce (Franks) to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the dry rub together in a small bowl.
- Remove the ‘silvery’ backing on the ribs. Removing the membrane from the ribs.
- Preheat the BBQ to 500° F.
- Grill the rib racks on both sides – 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove and apply the dry rub to both sides of the ribs.
- Double wrap them in tin foil ensuring that the package is sealed tight.
- Turn one side of the grill off, and adjusting the other burner to medium.
- Grill for about 2 hours, turning once 1/2 way through.
- While they are grilling, combine the BBQ Sauce ingredients in a saucepan and heat and stir until blended. About 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Take the ribs out of the tin foil package at 2 hours, brush on 1/2 the BBQ Sauce; saving the other 1/2 for serving.
- Grill for another 3-5 minutes.
- Have wet clothes ready, you’ll need them!