03 Sep Poached Shrimp
Posted at 17:41h
in All Recipes
- 1/2 lb of shrimp (peeled, deveined and cleaned)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 lime cut in half and juiced into the water (add the whole lime to the water)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli pepper flakes
- 4 /5 grinds of fresh black pepper
- Heat the water, lime juice, lime, pepper flakes and pepper in a small sauce pan until it boils
- Remove from heat and add the peeled shrimp.
- Leave for 5-6 minutes until the shrimp turn pinkish.
- Transfer from water to a plate to cool (chill in the fridge).