27 Jul Shrimp Pad Thai – Spicy Peanut Sauce
Posted at 01:40h in All Recipes, Asian, Seafood, Thaï Inspired 0 Comments
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth (low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/8 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 lb Shrimp (i use 1/2 lb. per person)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 package Wide Rice Noodles
- 6 Green Onions (sliced white and light green parts and separate the dark green parts for garnish)
- 3Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (chopped / minced)
- 6 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (seems like a lot, but necessary to keep the noodles moist)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 Red Pepper (sliced into thin match stick pieces)
- 1/2 Green Pepper (sliced into thin match stick pieces)
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts (for garnish)
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges for garnish)
- Combine al the ingredients in a bowl, whisk and set aside .
- In a bowl, combine the deveined shrimp and 2 tbsp of soy sauce and set aside.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a large skillet (or wok) sauté the garlic, ginger and peppers in oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the green onions and shrimp and sauté for 5-6 minutes until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Add the egg to the centre of the wok (push the rest to the edges) and stir in quickly.
- Add the noodles and toss to mix and coat.
- Add the Peanut Sauce and mix in to coat – cooking for another 2 mintues.
- If necessary you can add additional chicken stock to moisten the dish.
- Serve on a large platter with dark green onion parts and peanuts on top; and lime wedges as garnish.