27 Jul Roasted Halibut with Artichoke and Capers
- 4 1/2 lb Halibut (skin removed) (rule of thumb is 1/2 lb of fish per person)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste (remember capers will give that salty taste too)
- 2 cups Artichoke hearts (in oil) quartered
- 1 tbsp Capers (in oil – drained)
- 8 slices Lemon (cut round from the centre and thin)
- 1 tbsp Oregano (fresh / chopped)
- 2 tbsp Butter (unsalted)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Season the Halibut with salt and pepper.
- Using a large non stick skillet heat the oil over medium heat and add the Halibut fleshy / top side down.
- Sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from pan to an oiled baking dish.
- Bake in oven until cooked through about 12 minutes.
- While the fish is finishing, add the Artichokes and capers to the sauté pan and sauté on medium high for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add the lemon slices, oregano and butter. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Plate the Artichokes, top with the Halibut and add the Lemon/Oregano and Butter as the topping.