27 Jul Pork Roast with Tarragon Cream Sauce
- 1 Pork Loin Roast 5-6 ribs (frenched)
- 1 Tbsp Juniper Berries (crushed)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1/2 Cup 35% Cream
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 2 Sprigs Tarragon + 1 Tbsp of Tarragon (for finishing)
- 1 Tbsp Corn starch
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Rub the Roast with Juniper Berries (crushed) add salt and pepper to roast to taste.
- Melt Butter in an over proof pan on medium high heat and brown the roast on both sides.
- Move Roast to oven to cook for 45 minutes – temperature using a probe should be 61°.
- Remove from oven and let stand, covered with tin foil for 5 minutes – temperature should rise to 63° – 65° before slicing.
- Bring the broth, cream, tarragon sprigs and shallots to a simmer over medium heat and allow the sauce to reduce by 1/2.
- Dissolve the cornstarch with the water in a small container; when well mixed add to sauce and continue whisking until the sauce thickens. Strain the sauce to remove the shallots and tarragon sprigs.
- Add the chopped tarragon.
- Drizzle the sauce over the sliced meat and serve.