27 Jul Grilled Lime Shrimp
- 1/2 Lime zest
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbs Lime Juice
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 lb Shrimp (uncooked, shelled, deveined)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl, then add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Leave shrimp to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes (or refrigerate if making ahead)
- Skewer the shrimp on pre-soaked skewers (if using wooden skewers).
- Grill on medium / high heat for about 4-7 minutes (until shrimp turn pink)
- Turn once on the grill and brush with marinade.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining marinade, adding more lime juice to adjust consistency.
- Serve the grilled shrimp over white rice and drizzle the heated sauce over the shrimp and rice.