27 Jul Cowboy Caviar (Mexican Corn Salad)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Honey
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Grinds Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 Can Black Eyed Peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 Can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 Can Chic Peas (drained, rinsed and skins sorted through)
- 3 Ears Sweet Corn (cooked, cooled and kernels removed) – see note
- 1 Small Red Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (diced) – see note
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- 1 Cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Whisk together Olive Oil, honey, white wine vinegar, chili powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (excluding the avocado and cilantro).
- Stir to combine ensuring that all the ingredients are well coated.
- Mix in the cilantro.
- Refigerate at least 1 hour (up to 3 is good).
- Mix in the diced avocado just before serving.
- Can be served as a salad/side or as an appetizer with nachos for dipping.