27 Jul Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 16 ounces Chocolate Chips (can be dark or milk chocolate)
- 2 Tbsp Shortening
- 1 lb Fresh Strawberries (I like to leave the green leaves on for colour and presentation)
- Wash the strawberries and lay flat on paper towels to dry.
- Place a medium sized glass bowls over a pot of water (or use a double boiler) and bring to a boil.
- Add the chocolate chips and shortening and stir until smooth.
- Using toothpicks, stab the strawberries from the stem end and lower into the chocolate mixture.
- Place on a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper to allow the chocolate to cool.