27 Jul Chicken Marsala
Posted at 18:06h in All Recipes, Meats 0 Comments
- 4 Filets Chicken Breasts (skinless/boneless)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch (1 tbsp removed for thickening sauce later)
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 2 cubes Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2cups Water (divided into 1 cup / 1/2 cup)
- 4 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- Season chicken filets with salt and pepper (both sides)
- Dredge chicken in corn starch (shake away excess starch)
- Melt Butter in a large skillet and add olive oil
- Cook chicken for about 5 minutes per side (should be golden but not browned). Remove from skillet and keep warm (oven @ 175).
- Saute the mushrooms in a separate skillet until cooked t0 a golden brown but still firm texture.
- Add the Marsala to the skillet to deglaze the pan. Once deglazed, add the chicken stock cubes and 1/2 the water to the pan. Bring to a boil – boil for 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes in total (5 minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken again and keep warm.
- Add the sauted mushrooms to the sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp of corn starch to the remaining water and stir to blend thoroughly. Add this to the sauce to thicken by bringing the sauce back to a boil.
- Serve the chicken over basmati rice with the sauce spooned over the chicken and rice.