27 Jul Chicken Fajitas
Posted at 18:23h in All Recipes, Meats 0 Comments
- Chicken & Marinade:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 limes Juiced.
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Cole Slaw:
- 1/2 head of cabbage chopped
- 1/2 raddichino chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (cut into match sticks)
- 1/2 cup light mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celary salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoonof ground black pepper
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- Red Onion sliced
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- Cilantro (lots)
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips a put into a zip lock bag.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice , garlic, parsley, oregeno, cumin and ground pepper together into a small bowl and mix well. Pour over the chicken and close the bag, refridgerate for 2-4 hours.
- Make the cole slaw by chopping the cabbage, raddichino, carrots and apple. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by combining the Miracle Whip, mustard, sugar, celary salt, vinegar and pepper. Refridgerate until ready to mix with cole slaw.
- Saute the chicken mixture on medium low until cooked through – about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with sides of your choice, I recommend, avocado, red peppers, cilantro (lots), grated cheese, sour cream, salsa, red onion.
- Add slices of lime to really enhance the flavours.