27 Jul Cauliflower Fritters
- 1 small Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Bacon Bits
- 1/2 cup Green 0nions
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce (or to taste)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs (if G.F. is your choice)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Place them into a glass bowl with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Cover and steam in a microwave on high for about 4 minutes (until softened). Drain the water off.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse – until you get a ‘rice like’ texture to the cauliflower.
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl and combine with bacon bits, green onions, hot sauce, eggs, both cheeses, and bread crumbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover this mixture and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high. Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- With your hands, shape about 1/8th of a cup of the mixture into patties, and place into skillet to brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side)
- Serve warm with sour cream and green onion tops as a garnish.