27 Jul Greek Rice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 2 1/4 Cups Vegetable (or Chicken) broth
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Heat the Olive Oil in a saucepan (that has a tightly fitting lid). Sauté Onions and Garlic in heated oil for 5 – 7 minutes
- Add the Lemon Zest, Cumin, and mix to incorporate into the onions and garlic.
- Stir in the Rice, Stock, 2 Tbsp of Dill, salt and pepper.
- Bring this to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer with the lid on until the rice is cooked (about 15 minutes). Let the rice stand off the heat with the lid on until ready to serve.
- Stir in the lemon juice and remaining dill just before serving.