27 Jul Chickpea Fritters
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Cup Flour (I use Robin Hood G.F. flour as a 1 for 1 switch)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 Sm Can Chickpeas (14 oz.)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- to taste Ground Sea Salt
- to taste Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Red Chili Pepper flakes
- Combine the Yogurt, Maple Syrup, Pepper Flakes and Cumin in a small bowl and refrigerate (for at least 1 hour)
- Sift the flour and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- Combine the egg (slightly beaten) and the milk together.
- Slowly whisk the egg/milk mixture into the flour until well combined.
- Add the onion, chickpeas, parsley and cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a non stick frying pan, brushed with olive oil: place 1 large spoonful of the fritter mix and fry for about 3/4 minutes per side.
- Serve as a side with your choice of meal along with the Yogurt Topping.