27 Jul Candied Carrots and Parsnips
- 6 Carrots (medium/large) peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 3 Parsnips peeled and cut same as carrots
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Himalayan Pink Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Shallot (about 2 Tbsp) finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 Tbsp Southern Comfort
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 450°
- Toss the carrots and parsnips in a large bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place carrots and parsnips on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes (toss once @ 10 minutes). Carrots should be tender (not fully cooked) and charred slightly.
- While roasting, toss shallots, butter, Southern Comfort and brown sugar together in the same large bowl.
- Remove vegetables and toss in this mixture and return to baking sheet.
- Return to oven (reduced to 375°) for 10 minutes. Vegetables should be fully cooked and the sugars will have caramelized.
- Make sure you get all the juices and scrapping from the pan when you serve these.