10 Mar Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta
- 1 Pkg Linguine (I use Gluten Free pasta)
- 1/2 lb Shrimp (approx. 1/4 per person)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil (divided)
- 8 -10 Asparagus Spears (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Button Mushrooms (halved)
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes (seeded, flesh only)
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 TBSP Fresh Basil (if using dried, only 1/2 TBSP)
- 1 TBSP Fresh Oregano (if using dried, only 1/2 TBSP)
- 1 TBSP Fresh Parsley (if using dried, only 1/2 TBSP)
- 1 TBSP Fresh Thyme (if using dried, only 1/2 TBSP)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Add 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil, salt and Pepper Flakes to the peeled and deveined shrimp. Marinate for about 1/2 hour.
- Cook the pasta as per directions on package.
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil, add the shrimp and cook until pink (about 3-4 minutes). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet stir fry the Asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions and garlic until the vegetable are slightly tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add the Chicken Stock and wine to the pan and return the shrimp to the pan.
- Drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the skillet. Mix to combine and heated through (2-3 minutes).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese now, or when serving.