15 Sep Nut Crusted White Fish with Browned Butter
- 1 lb of White Fish (Halibut is a good option)(rule of thumb is 1/2 lb per person
- 1/8 cup of roasted almonds chopped or crushed
- 1/8 cup of roasted hazelnuts chopped or crushed
- 1 Tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt (3-4 grinds of coarse salt)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (4-5 grinds of peppercorns)
- 1/8 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Lemon Peel (grated)
- Preheat oven to 425° F (Roast).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a stone baking pan.
- Chop Almonds, Hazelnuts and Sunflower Seeds (coarse chop)
- Combine the chopped nuts with salt, pepper and coriander seeds and spread out on a large dinner plate.
- Place the egg whites (I use the store bought egg whites in a carton) into a shallow bowl for dipping the fish in. Slightly beat the eggs to make the fluffy / bubbly.
- Dip the fish into the egg whites and then place top side into the nut mixture, pressing to ensure the fish is well covered with the nuts.
- Place the nut covered fish onto the baking sheet. Roast in oven for 14 minutes.
- Turn over to broil and broil for 2 additional minutes.
- While the fish is baking, melt the butter in a small pan. Melt the butter over medium-low heat, it will first sizzle and then turn brownish. Gently whisk the butter until it turns a medium brown. Be careful not to over ‘melt’ it as it will burn quickly.
- Remove from heat, add the zest from the lemon and whisk well.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp (or more) of the butter over each piece of fish.