02 Jun Mushroom Garlic Pasta
- 1 pkg pasta (I like to use a linguini)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Large Shallot (cut in rings)
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 4 Cups of Mushrooms (sliced)
- I like to use a mix of Portabello, White Button and Shitake
- 5-6 grinds of Black Pepper
- 3-4 grinds of Salt
- 1 TBSP Rosemary
- 3 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Parsley
- Grated Parmesan for serving
- Cook pasta as per instructions on package. Cook to al dante.
- Keep 1 cup of the pasta water for the sauce.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and butter, add the garlic and shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and season with grinds of pepper and salt. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato paste, red wine and 1/2 – 3/4 cup of the pasta water. Cook for another 4 – 5 minutes. Adding the chopped walnuts for the last 2 minutes.
- Combine the pasta and sauce mixing to thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Serve with grated Parmesan