24 Apr Pub Style Potato Skins
Posted at 13:11h in All Recipes, Appetizers, Gluten Free 0 Comments
- 2 Baking Potatoes (I like to use Russett)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 Cup Bacon Bits (3 Pieces of Bacon Cooked)
- 1/4 Red Pepper (diced)
- 1/4 Green Pepper (diced)
- 4 Green Onions (sliced & separated white parts / green parts)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheese (Monteray Jack, Tex Mex etc.)
- 2-3 grinds of Salt
- 5-6 grinds of Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of sour cream for serving.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash the potatoes and allow them to dry. Stab each potato 3-4 times with a fork.
- Rub Potatoes with Vegetable Oil to coat and place directly on middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes, let cool for 10 -15 minutes, then cut into quarters. Scoop out most of the flesh of the potatoes into the bowl and save. (Home fries for Breakfast!)
- Brush the inside of the potato skin with oil and place skins back in the oven for 10 minutes @ 400°.
- While baking again, sauté the bacon bits, white part of green onions, peppers and garlic. Sauté until they are el-denté.
- Spoon this mixture into the potato skins, top with cheeses and green parts of onions.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes cheese should be melted and starting to brown.
- Serve with Sour Cream.