07 Jan French Fondant Potatoes
Posted at 02:53h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Vegetables 0 Comments
- 1 lb Yellow Potatoes (I like medium size and round)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 – 2 Stems of fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- Wash each potato and cut in half, place the cut side down on a paper towel and let sit until dry. Season the cut side with 5-6 grinds of pepper and 3-4 grinds of salt.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a medium size skillet on high. Sear the cut side of the potato in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes. Potato will be slightly charred and crispy.
- Turn the potatoes onto their round side, add the beef stock, butter, garlic cloves, and herbs and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer.
- Top the potatoes with a Cartouche and allow them to simmer for 35 minutes or until the potatoes are soft when poked with a sharp knife.
- The sauce will reduce down to a fragrant sauce that can be poured over the potatoes when served.