11 Sep Panna Cotta
- 1 envelop of unflavoured gelatin (approx. 1 TBSP)
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1 Cup 35% Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk (or Half and Half)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- In a small bowl add the cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top in a thin layer and let stand while you heat the Cream / Milk mixture.
- In a small sauce pan heat the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Add the gelatin to the mixture (it should be somewhat set by now) and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture in to 4 ramekins and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
- You can serve it directly our of the ramekins (eating it with a spoon) or you can place the ramekins in a hot water bath for 10 – 15 seconds then invert onto a plate.
- Garnish with your choice of fruits and / or chocolate.