22 Aug Chili Lime BBQ Corn on the Cob
Posted at 13:01h
in All Recipes
- 6 Cobs of Sweet Corn (in the husks)
- 1/4 Cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp fresh Chives (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Shallots (chopped in a fine dice)
- 1/2 Tbsp Jalapeño (fine dice)
- 1/2 Lime (zested)
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Lime wedges for serving.
- Remove the 1st couple of layers of darker green husks from the corn, leaving the lighter / protective inner layers.
- Gently peel back the inner layers of the corn (but leave attached), and remove the silk.
- Soak the corn in a bowl of water for 20 minutes. This moistened the corn and also prevents the husks from burning.
- Remove and fold the inner layers of the husk back over the corn to enclose the kernels.
- Place the cobs on a medium hot BBQ (not high heat). Close the lid and turn the corn every 5 minutes for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the Butter, Chives, Shallots, Jalepeño, Paprika, Lime Zest, Lime Juice in a small bowl with a fork.
- Scoop out onto waxed paper and form into a log by rolling it in the wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Cut into individuals rounds and serve with Corn, along with Lime wedges and Sea Salt