21 Apr Apple Cinnamon Loaf
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 2 Medium Apples (peeled, chopped / diced) (I like Spartan or Granny Smith)
- 2/3 Cup + 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (softened to room temp)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F
- Line a loaf pan (9×5) with parchment paper, leaving ends and sides outside
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and 1 tsp of the cinnamon together.
- In a medium bowl mix the diced apples, granulated sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and 2/3 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy (about 5 minutes)
- Add the eggs (1 at a time) and continue beating until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract and finish by blending.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the large bowl beat until blended.
- Add the almond milk and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the loaf pan, add 1/2 the diced apple mixture on top then sprinkle half the brown sugar/cinnamon over the top.
- Using a knife, lightly push the apples into the batter and with a knife swirl the brown sugar mixture into the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter on top, add the remaining apple mixture lightly pushing the apples into the batter. Add the remaining brown sugar mixture and again swirl with a knife to incorporate into the batter.
- Bake for 70 minutes – for the last 10 minutes add tinfoil to the top to prevent further browning. Test with toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let rest in pan for 15 minutes. Then remove to a wire cooling rack (removing parchment paper).
- Mix the powdered sugar with 1 Tbsp of milk. slowing add additional milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Place the mixture in a zip-loc baggie, seal the top and cut a small snip off the bottom corner.
- When the loaf is cooled, Squeeze the glaze over the loaf and garnish with Apple Chips for decoration.