08 Mar Double-Baked (Stuffed) Potatoes
- 1 Large Baking Potato (Russet is my preference)
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Bacon Bits (cooked) or 2 slices of Bacon (cut into bits)
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Green Onion (white and light green parts, dark green parts saved for garnish)
- 2 Grinds Salt
- 4 Grinds Pepper
- Pre-heat Oven to 400° F.
- Wash the Potatoes and let dry, then rub them with the Vegetable Oil
- Poke them 2-3 time on each side with the point of a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour
- While they are baking, add the butter, bacon bits, green onions, salt & pepper, 1/2 the cheese and sour cream to a bowl.
- Removed baked potatoes from the oven, reduce heat to 350°.
- Cut the potatoes in half (length ways), and scoop out most of the potato leaving enough to keep the skin shaped.
- Mash the potatoes into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- With the potato skins on a baking sheet, fill the skins with the mixture. top with rest of the cheese.
- Place back in oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Top with dark parts of green onions when serving.