23 Dec Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Sun-dried Tomatoes, Spinach, Cheese)
Posted at 20:41h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Meats 1 Comment
- 2 Small Chicken Breast (boneless & skinless)
- 1/2 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1 slice of Blue Cheese (halved)
- large handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian Mix Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Pepper flakes
- 3 grinds Salt
- 5 grinds Pepper
- Mix the Dijon, Lemon Juice, Sugar, Olive Oil, Herbs and Chilli’s, Salt & Pepper in a small bowl. Set this Italian Dressing aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Pre-heat BBQ to Medium / High
- Cut a slice / pocket in the thicker edge of the chicken breast (almost through to other side)
- B.B.Q. the chicken breasts for about 2 minutes per side. Not cooked just charred.
- Using 1/2 of the Italian Dressing brush the inner cavity of the chicken breast.
- Stuff the pocket of the chicken breast with Cheese, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Spinach. Secure the opening with a tooth pick.
- Place in a baking dish and brush with remaining Italian dressing.
- Cook in preheated oven for 18 – 20 minutes.
Ken AlgerPosted at 19:26h, 22 February
Take liberties with the stuffings – options include olives, feta, roasted red peppers, old white cheese or mozzarella (especially if Blue Cheese is not your thing).