24 Nov Fried Zucchini Sticks
- 2 Large Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Corn Starch (for G.F. purposes – you can substitute flour)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs (I use G.F.)
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 5-6 Grinds of Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Herbs
- 3-4 Grinds of Sea Salt
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Cut the Zucchini into uniform pieces (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Remove the seeded portion of the Zucchini and soak the Zucchini in a bowl of cold water (for about 10 minutes)
- Set up a a 3 station breading station – first bowl corn starch, second bowl Egg and Milk wash, third bowl bread Crumbs including the garlic, onion powder, pepper and herbs.
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a large deep frying pan (about 1/4 inch deep oil). Or you can use an Air Fryer (I prefer this method).
- Remove the Zucchini from the water, shake off excess water (don’t dry). Dip in Corn Starch, then Egg/Milk wash, then Bread Crumb mixture.
- Fry in small batches until golden brown, remove and place on a paper towel lined baking sheet to soak up excess oil.
- Season with Sea Salt
- Season with a Garlic Dip.