10 Aug Strawberry Yogurt Cake
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- Whipping Cream (for serving)
- 1/8 Cup Icing Sugar (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 355° (if convection) 380° (if regular)
- Grease (cooking spray) a spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the Sugar, Oil, Eggs, Lemon Rind and Lemon Juice, Yogurt and Vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Pour half the cake batter into the pan, smooth the surface and add 1/2 the strawberries (diced)
- Top with the remaining batter, smooth the surface and add strawberries (halved, face down).
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cool for 15 minutes on a cake rack before removing from pan.
- Dust with Icing Sugar and serve with a dollop of whipped cream!