12 Jun Cedar Wrapped Salmon & Asparagus
- 2 Cedar Wraps (soaked for 1 hour) (see note below)
- 2 Salmon Filets (skin removed)
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrop
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh Thyme
- 8 Asparagus spears
- 3-4 grinds Sea Salt
- 5-6 grinds Pepper
- Soak 2 Cedar Wraps in water for 1 hour (soak the raffia too)
- Preheat BBQ to medium / high.
- Combine the Maple Syrup, Butter, Apple Cider Vinegar, Mustard and Thyme in a small saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium/high and let boil until mixture is reduced by 1/2 (about 3-5 minutes).
- Break the bottom ends off the Asparagus.
- Place the Asparagus (4 each) on the Cedar Wraps with the Salmon on top.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Roll the wraps up and tie with the raffia or green onion tops (you may need tooth pick to help hold the wrap until tied.
- Place the wraps on the BBQ. Cook for 8 minutes, flip and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Present by unwrapping on a platter. Pour the reduced glaze over the top.
- Serve with roasted potatoes or rice.