14 Apr Braised Lentils
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 1 Stock Celery
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme (or 1 tsp if dried thyme)
- 1/2 Cup Lentils (Green or Lentils de Puy (French green Lentils)
- 1 1/4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 3 Grinds Salt (or to taste)
- 5-6 Grinds Pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in a frying pan (need one with a lid) over medium heat.
- Add the Onion, Celery and Garlic and sauté until softened (about 3 minutes)
- Add the Lentils and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add the Vegetable Stock, Bay Leaf and Thyme; bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low (if necessary move to a smaller burner), cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Remove the lid for the last 5 minutes, add the orange juice, remove the Bay Leaf and Thyme (if you used sprigs)